Allen Park, Mich. —Detroit Lions 2017 Training Camp will open at the Lions headquarters and training facility in Allen Park for an eleventh-straight year beginning Monday, July 31. Parking for fans attending open practices has been reconfigured for 2017.
Parking is free and available at the Fairlane Town Center (Dearborn, MI) between Sears and Macy's on the southeast side. Shuttles will transport fans to and from the entrance to training camp at the team's headquarters beginning 2 hours before the start of practice.
Fans are encouraged to enter the Fairlane Town Center via Burlwood Drive from the Southfield Freeway service drives (M-39 south: Exit 7 Ford Road; M-39 north: Exit 6 Michigan Ave to Hubbard) and follow signage for the 'Blue Lot.' A parking/shuttle map and additional information is available at Detroitlions.com/trainingcamp.
Training camp will feature activities for all ages including preseason ticket and merchandise giveaways, autograph opportunities with current and former Lions players, face painting, performances by the Detroit Lions Cheerleaders along with photos and meet and greet opportunities with the squad, photos with Lions mascot Roary, and much more.
THINK FORD FIRST FAMILY DAY
Lions Training Camp moves to Ford Field on Saturday, August 5 for Think Ford First Family Day – a free, ticketed event. Fans may register for up to 16 tickets to the event by visiting Detroitlions.com/trainingcamp. Beginning Monday, July 24, fans can also visit any Southeast Michigan Ford Dealer to claim a Lions wristband which will earn them admission to a special reserved seating area, the chance to win autographed items and much more. Games and activities will line the Ford Field concourses, and the first 10,000 fans will receive a pair Lions Thunder Sticks courtesy of the Southeast Michigan Ford Dealers. Gates open at 9:30am, with the Lions "Mock Game" scrimmage beginning at 11:00am. The event concludes at 12:30pm.
GENERAL TRAINING CAMP INFORMATION
Fans should regularly check Detroitlions.com/trainingcamp for daily practice information, including weather updates, practice times and any changes to the team's training camp schedule. Practice sessions at Allen Park are open for outdoor practices only and are subject to change. In the case of inclement weather, practices will be moved indoors and therefore closed to the public. Rain dates are available as necessary and will be announced for selected sessions that close due to inclement weather. Information on practice access will also be available through the team's Training Camp Hotline (313.262.2882).
Fan video policy
Live streaming and recording video of any segment of practice is strictly prohibited.
Viewing area policies
- Re-entry is not permitted and children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Personal belongings are subject to inspection upon entry and items not permitted into open practices include: professional cameras (lenses over five inches long and/or 50mm or above), any video camera, selfie sticks, drones, food, beverage, coolers, lawn chairs, blankets, umbrellas, purses (larger than a clutch) or backpacks.
- Only bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12" will be permitted on the premises. Exceptions will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at the gate.
- Small clutch bags/camera and binocular cases, not exceeding 4.5" x 6.5", with or without a handle or strap, may also be carried into the practice facility's perimeter.
- All cell phones should be turned off or placed on silent or vibrating mode. The fan viewing area features bleacher seating areas and additional standing areas.
The Stadium Collection
There will be official Lions merchandise for sale onsite at training camp. Items include the official 2017 Detroit Lions Training Camp hat and performance apparel.
Though autographs are not guaranteed, it has been common in previous years for Lions' players and coaches to meet fans following practice sessions.
Food and non-alcoholic beverages will be available for purchase.