DETROIT – The Bowling Green Falcons (MAC) and the Minnesota Golden Gophers (Big Ten) will play in the 2023 Quick Lane Bowl at Ford Field on Tuesday, December 26, at 2:00 PM EST.
Tickets start at $29 and are available at www.quicklanebowl.com or in person at the Ford Field Ticket Office, Monday through Friday between 10 AM and 6 PM. Fans can follow the official X account of the Quick Lane Bowl (@quicklanebowl) for the most current game information.
Bowling Green State University (MAC) finished the regular season 7-5 and posted its first winning record since the 2015 season. This will mark BGSU's second appearance in the Quick Lane Bowl after facing New Mexico State last year and their 15th bowl appearance overall. The Falcons are the first school to play in consecutive Quick Lane Bowls and join Minnesota as the only other school with multiple appearances in the Quick Lane Bowl. The 2023 Falcons are led by fifth-year head coach Scot Loeffler and are the nation's No. 1 team in takeaways (27). Bowling Green put 10 Falcons on the All-MAC team, highlighted by first-team honorees tight end Harold Fannin Jr. and cornerback Jalen Huskey. Fannin is No. 7 in the nation among tight ends with 573 receiving yards and his six receiving touchdowns rank No. 5 nationally among tight ends. Huskey and Jordan Oladokun rank No. 16 in the nation with four interceptions each. The ground game has been a strength for the BGSU offense as Terion Stewart is No. 1 in the nation with 4.8 yards per carry after contact and Ta'ron Keith became the first Falcon in program history with 100 receiving yards and 100 rushing yards in the same game when he accomplished the feat at Kent State.
Minnesota (Big Ten), which went 5-7 in 2023, will play in its 24th bowl game in school history when it competes in the 2023 Quick Lane Bowl. Minnesota has won six straight bowl games dating back to the 2015 Quick Lane Bowl and, excluding national championship game appearances, only Alabama has a longer active streak with eight straight wins. This will be Minnesota's third appearance all-time in the Quick Lane Bowl. The Gophers beat Georgia Tech 34-10 in 2018 and topped Central Michigan 21-14 in 2015. This will also be the fifth bowl game for Minnesota under head coach P.J. Fleck. The Gophers are 4-0 in bowl games under Fleck, as they posted wins against Syracuse (2022 Bad Boy Mowers Pinstripe Bowl), West Virginia (2021 Guaranteed Rate Bowl), Auburn (2020 Outback Bowl) and Georgia Tech (2018 Quick Lane Bowl). The 2023 Gophers are led by running back Jordan Nubin, tight end Brevyn Spann-Ford, linebacker Cody Lindenberg, All-Big Ten First Team safety Tyler Nubin, All-Big Ten Second Team wide receiver Daniel Jackson and Big Ten kicker of the year Dragan Kesich.
This will be the ninth annual Quick Lane Bowl. Quick Lane Tire and Auto Center has been the title sponsor of the annual college football bowl game at Ford Field since its 2014 inaugural game. The Detroit Lions own, host and operate this game.
The entertainment division of the Detroit Lions, DLI Entertainment, has promoted many large-scale shows and events at Ford Field since 2002, including the Quick Lane Bowl, and has been home of the MAC Football Championship since 2004. Notably, DLI has hosted 11 Kenny Chesney shows and 47 concerts in total. 2023 was a record setting year at the stadium, with shows and events including Taylor Swift, Morgan Wallen, Luke Combs, Ed Sheeran, Beyoncé, Metallica and WWE SummerSlam. Upcoming shows at Ford Field in 2024 include Zach Bryan, George Strait and Kenny Chesney.
About the Quick Lane Bowl
- The 2023 Quick Lane Bowl is a postseason collegiate football bowl game presented by Quick Lane Tire & Auto Center.
- The annual bowl game will take place at Ford Field on December 26 at 2:00 PM EST and will air nationally on ESPN and ESPN+.
- This game has no affiliation with previous Michigan bowl games.
- For ticket information, please visit quicklanebowl.com.
Accommodations, Activities and Special Events:
- Teams are expected to arrive in Detroit on December 22.
- DiBella's Old-Fashioned Sub's, Buffalo Wild Wings and Qdoba Mexican Eats will be providing late-night snacks to each participating team.
- Buffalo Wild Wings is the official restaurants for each teams' fans and will be providing special Quick Lane Bowl discounts.
- A welcome reception at the historic Henry Ford Museum of American Innovation will include a private tour of the museum.
- Team guests will experience:
- Gleaners Community Food Bank – teams and their travel parties will help pack potatoes that will help make a difference in the lives of the hungry in Southeastern Michigan. Since 2014, participating schools have packaged more than 245,000 pounds of food and provided over 195,000 meals for families.
- Fowling – a local Detroit favorite and increasingly popular hybrid game that combines elements of football, bowling and horseshoes. Little Caesar's Pizza will be providing pizza at the event.
- Parade Company Tour – families will learn about the Parade's fascinating history, explore the 200,000 square-foot storyland of floats and see how our award-winning artisans bring them to life.
- Shopping outing at Somerset Collection, an upscale, luxury, super-regional shopping mall in Metro Detroit.
- Ice skating in Downtown Detroit's iconic Campus Martius.
Quick Lane Bowl Social Media:
For additional questions, contact QLBmedia@lions.nfl.net.