The Detroit Lions Cheerleader auditions concluded early this week. Detroitlions.com was there every step of the way bringing you exclusive content from all three days:
Making the Squad videos:
As a Lions fan, you probably heard the name Cole Wick in the past couple weeks. In fact, you've probably heard it more than once.
The undrafted rookie tight end out of the University of Incarnate Word made a lot of headlines with an impressive performance in OTAs and minicamp.
And although Wick finds the hype amusing, he's trying not to pay attention to it.
"I've really never been overhyped before," Wick said. "I've never had a chance to be hyped up about anything. You know, it's cool. I'm glad that I've had the opportunity to do the things I've done."
It's up to Wick to continue impressing throughout training camp as he fights for a spot on the 53-man roster.
Fellow rookie Miles Killebrew is also hoping to stand out in training camp. Killebrew finds himself in the middle of a very interesting position battle for the starting strong safety spot beside free safety Glover Quin.
Does Killebrew think he has a shot to win that battle against veterans like Rafael Bush, Tavon Wilson and Isaiah Johnson?
"I don't know," Killebrew admitted. "I can't answer that. But I can answer to the fact that I am going to do whatever it takes to put myself in the best position to play."
GET TO KNOW THE ROOKIES
Ever wonder if the Lions rookies have any hidden talents? Or where they would take you if you visited their hometowns?
Look no further than this year's get to know the rookies survey. Defensive lineman Anthony Zettel and quarterback Jake Rudock were this week's participants. Check out their answers below:
TEEING IT UP WITH TWENTYMAN
Tim Twentyman's annual closest to the pin challenge is on. Watch this week's lineup below:
- Long snapper Don Muhlbach
- Quarterback Dan Orlovsky
OTHER NOTEWORTHY ITEMS:
- Mike O'Hara takes a look at 10 moments that defined the Lions' 2015 season.
- Watch Lions players attempt to define Canadian terms with a little bit of help from a couple of Canadian teammates.
- Find out where head coach Jim Caldwell stands on the two-point conversion debate.
- Go behind the scenes of Matthew Stafford's commercial shoot for the Southeast Michigan Ford Dealers.
- Tim Twentyman takes a look at five numbers that need to change in 2016.