The Lions are finishing up their bye week and will be back to work preparing for the Jacksonville Jaguars soon.
At 5-4, the theme of the first half was comeback victories led by quarterback Matthew Stafford. Stafford's performance in those late-game situations has put him in the early league MVP conversations. (He was a shoe-in for our midseason team MVP.)
"He has great confidence that he doesn't back down and doesn't shrink away from those moments and the guys that are around him can sense that and I think it gives them a little bit more confidence," head coach Jim Caldwell said.
"He's not afraid to lose, and I think that in itself gives us a bit of an advantage."
Can Stafford and the Lions keep it up for the second half of the season? We'll find out soon enough.
Although the Lions are technically one game past the midway point in their season, the bye week offers a great chance to look back at the past nine games with the following:
OTHER NOTEWORTHY ITEMS:
- The Lions announced Tuesday that they have activated wide receiver Corey Fuller from Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform.
- Kicker Matt Prater earned the Lions' second NFC Special Teams Player of the Week Award of the 2016 season.
- Watch offensive line coach Ron Prince break down a few key plays and talk about how his group is performing so far this year.
- Go on a behind-the scenes tour of Mac's Place, the local diner that defensive end Anthony Zettel's family owns and operates.
- Stafford's 27-yard pass to Andre Roberts to set up the game-tying field goal is the subject of this week's Film Review.