Logged an impressive rookie season in which he played in all 16 games (five starts) and finished with 30 tackles (22 solo), two sacks, six tackles for loss and seven pass defenses. His seven pass defenses ranked third among all defensive linemen in 2016.
- Drafted by the Detroit Lions in the second round (46th overall) of the 2016 NFL Draft.
2016: Logged an impressive rookie season in which he played in all 16 games (five starts) and finished with 30 tackles (22 solo), two sacks, six tackles for loss and seven pass defenses. His seven pass defenses ranked third among all defensive linemen in 2016.
- Made his NFL debut by recording one pass defense in Week 1 at Indianapolis (9/11).
- Tallied one solo tackle and one pass defense in Week 2 vs. Tennessee (9/18).
- Notched two solo tackles, including one for loss, in Week 3 at Green Bay (9/25).
- Posted one tackle for loss in Week 4 at Chicago (10/2).
- Recorded his first career sack in Week 5 vs. Philadelphia (10/9). Added two solo tackles and one hit on Eagles rookie QB Carson Wentz.
- Registered one solo tackle and one pass defense in Week 6 vs. Los Angeles (10/16) to become the first Lions defensive tackle with 3+ pass defenses through the first six games of the season since DT Corey Williams (3) in 2010.
- Assisted on two tackles in Week 7 vs. Washington (10/23).
- Tallied four total tackles, including one for loss and sacked Texans QB Brock Osweiler for a five-yard loss in Week 8 at Houston (10/30).
- Recorded one solo tackle and one pass defense in Week 9 at Minnesota (11/6).
- Posted two solo tackles, including one tackle for loss, when he brought down Jaguars RB Chris Ivory three yards behind the line of scrimmage in Week 11 vs. Jacksonville (11/20).
- Made his first career start on Thanksgiving in Week 12 vs. Minnesota (11/24), contributing one solo tackle and one pass defense in a 16-13 win over the Vikings.
- Recorded two solo tackles and one pass defense against Saints QB Drew Brees in Week 13 at New Orleans (12/4).
- Tallied two solo tackles in a Week 14 win over Chicago (12/11).
- Totaled one solo tackle and one pass defense in Week 15 at New York Giants (12/18). Now with seven pass defenses on the season, Robinson became the fourth rookie defensive lineman since 2000 to register 7+ pass defenses in a season, joining DE Fred Wakefield (9 in 2001), DE Courtney Brown (8 in 2000) and DE Darren Howard (7 in 2000) as the only players to accomplish this feat. Robinson is the first rookie defensive tackle with 7+ pass defenses in a season.
- Returning to his home state of Texas in Week 16 at Dallas (12/26), the rookie turned in four total tackles (two solo) including one tackle for loss.
- Totaled four tackles (three solo) including a tackle for loss when he brought down Packers RB Ty Montgomery three yards behind the line of scrimmage in Week 17 vs. Green Bay (1/1).
- In his final game as a rookie, the NFC Wild Card Game at Seattle (1/7), Robinson recorded seven tackles (two solo).
Despite only playing three seasons for the Crimson Tide, Robinson concluded his dominant career at Alabama with 133 total tackles (49 solo), 22 tackles for loss, 19 quarterback hits, nine sacks, one forced fumble, one fumble recovery and five pass defenses. Earned consensus All-American nods in 2013 as a freshman and 2015 as a junior. Started 30 of his 42 career games at Alabama.
2015: Selected as one of three finalists for the Outland Trophy, given annually to the nation’s top interior offensive or defensive lineman, was named a First Team All-American by the Sporting News, Associated Press, FWAA and AFCA. Finished his junior season with 46 tackles (18 solo), 3.5 sacks, two pass defenses and one fumble recovery in 15 games (15 starts).
- Notched a season-high tying five total tackles against Georgia, while helping limit the Bulldogs to under 300 yards of total offense.
- Against LSU, aided a defensive line effort that limited LSU RB Leonard Fournette to just 31 yards on 19 carries after he entered the game averaging more than 200 rushing yards per game.
- Set a career mark for sacks in a game with 2.5 against Mississippi State.
- Logged three tackles against Clemson in the national championship game.
2014: Started 13 of the 14 games he played in as a sophomore, earning All-SEC Honorable Mention accolades from the Associated Press. Finished the season with a career high 49 tackles (16 solo), three pass defenses, one forced fumble and a blocked PAT.
- Named Special Teams Player of the Week following the Ole Miss game after blocking a PAT late in the game, giving Alabama a chance to win.
- Recorded a career-high seven tackles vs. Texas A&M and later equaled it against LSU.
2013: Made an immediate impact on the Alabama defensive line as a true freshman, earning Freshman All-American honors from The Sporting News. Also named to the league coaches’ Freshman All-SEC team following a debut season in which he concluded with 38 tackles (15 solo) and a career-high 5.5 sacks, which led the team.
- In his first game at Bryant-Denny Stadium against Colorado State, recorded a five-yard sack.
Rated as the No. 1 defensive tackle prospect and the fifth-best player in the nation at any position by Scout.com, Robinson prepped at Arlington Heights (Texas) High School. Competed for the West squad in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl and was rated as a five-star prospect across the board.
- Coached by Todd Whitten at Arlington Heights High School.
- Recorded more than 60 tackles and posted seven sacks as a junior in 2011, while also playing offensive tackle.