Hometown: Adrian, MI
Years Coaching Football: 35
Current Coaching Position: Offensive Line
- Favorite all-time Detroit Lions player: Lomas Brown
- Favorite Coaching Memory: Probably my first victory as a head coach, a 21-14 overtime win against the Pittsford Wildcats (Sept. 8, 1989). The way the kids battled and came together to win in overtime was very gratifying as a coach.
- Favorite Position to Coach: Offensive Line
- Why I Coach?: To see young people achieve something that is bigger than personal success – when they are able to grow as a group and help each other succeed. I love to help young people develop traits that make them good teammates and successful players. These same players also make successful people of strong moral character, which they develop in the process learned while playing the game.
- Personal Point of Pride: Determined - United. Being an "offensive line guy," I like the way each offensive lineman is dependent on one another to communicate and work together to achieve a common goal. These guys do the dirty work and get little external praise, but do it for their buddies. The "pride" works together to achieve success and so does the offensive line.
- Hobbies: I like to visit and learn/explore national historical sites with my family (battlefields of the civil war are especially fun!)