2023 DETROIT LIONS CHEERLEADERS HIGH SCHOOL MASTER DANCE CLASS SERIES
The purpose of the Detroit Lions Cheerleaders High School Master Dance Class Series is to provide high school dancers with an opportunity to train with the Detroit Lions Cheerleaders in a variety of styles of dance. The classes will be in the intermediate skill level range geared for aspiring collegiate dancers and professional performers. Additionally, the classes will provide a look at what it means to be a member of a collegiate dance team and an employee of a professional dance team.
All classes will include a warm-up, stretching, applicable technique, and dance combinations taught at a rapid speed to mimic the fast-paced nature of collegiate and professional rehearsals. Classes will be instructed by the current Detroit Lions Cheerleaders captains. The schedule and the classes are designed for the dancer to focus on refreshing and mastering basic skills for success as a collegiate and professional dancer. Participants must be a current High School Senior, High School Junior, High School Sophomore, High School Freshman, or incoming High School Freshman (currently in 8th grade) to attend.
HIGH SCHOOL MASTER CLASS DETAILS
DATES & TIMES:
- May 1st and May 3rd
- Class times are listed on the sign-up page
DROP-IN CLASS COST:
- $15 per class (Advanced payment required to reserve a spot)
- If there are 3 classes on one night and you wish to attend multiple classes, each session is $15.00 per class. Digital payment is available as a last resort in person, but due to the high level of interest, we cannot guarantee there will be space in a class unless you reserve your spot ahead of time.
- Ford Field, 2000 Brush Street, Detroit, Michigan 48226
- Additional details are provided in the confirmation email.
- Participants must bring their confirmation email and check-in with a DLC representative in the Gate G atrium lobby prior to going to the field.
- Parking is available in the Ford Field Parking Deck (on St. Antoine Street) for a discounted rate.
- Fitted dance attire is preferred.
- Athletic shoes are recommended for pom, hip hop, sidelines, and conditioning for dancers
- Jazz shoes are recommended for jazz and leaps & turns.
- Clinic will be held on the field (turf), so please plan accordingly
- Space is limited
- Candidates must sign up for classes ahead of time to ensure adequate staffing to reserve their spot. No walk-ups.
- Participants must be a current Senior, Junior, Sophomore, Freshman, or incoming Freshman (current 8th grade) to attend.
- Please bring a student ID or form of identification to verify participant age and/or year in school.
- Instructors staffed to teach these classes are current Detroit Lions Cheerleader captains and are specifically chosen and endorsed by the DLC Director.
- Dancers will be required to fill out a waiver prior to their participation in the dance classes. Waivers will be sent as an attachment with the confirmation email. Minor participants will require parent/guardian permission to participate in the classes.
- Classes are closed to the public. Only registered participants can attend.
- Parent/guardian is not required to stay. If needed, only one parent/guardian is permitted in the building and will be directed to a designated seating area by our security personnel.