ITEMS NOT PERMITTED DURING DETROIT LIONS GAMES
The items not permitted into Ford Field, stadium plaza areas, stadium gates, or when approaching queue lines of guests waiting entry into the stadium are in accordance with the NFL Best Practices and are strictly enforced during Detroit Lions home football games. Prior to gate entry, guests should return prohibited items to their vehicles. Ford Field is not responsible for any items left at the gates or in the trash receptacles. Under no circumstances will the items be checked at the gates. Prohibited items may also be confiscated by staff. Guests are strongly encouraged to not bring any type of bags. Guests should come prepared to show keys, cell phones or other metal items in their hands during the screening process. Please follow all signage and direction from security personnel. Early entry is encouraged. As a reminder, smoking is prohibited inside of the stadium. This includes the use of electronic cigarettes and vaporizers. Ford Field reserves the right to expand or modify the prohibited items at any time.
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS MAY BE PERMITTED AFTER INSPECTION:
- NFL Policy: Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12”
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar)
- Small clutch bags, camera & binocular cases, not exceeding 4.5” x 6.5”, with or without a handle or strap, can be taken into the stadium with one of the clear plastic bag options. For more information, visit www.nfl.com/allclear
- Medically necessary items including insulin, medication, portable oxygen, small soft pack coolers and breast pumps
- Infant items in a clear bag (bottles, formula) are allowed with a child. Diaper bags are not allowed per the NFL bag policy
- Small radios (must be used with an earpiece or headphones)
- Umbrellas, small compact only. Must be placed securely under the seat.
- Handheld posters & signs without poles, sticks or battery operated. Must not block another guest’s view.
- Football helmets. Altered helmets equipped with spikes or any other item that can be used as a weapon are not permitted
- Tablets (iPads, Kindles, etc.) Inappropriate subject matter should not be displayed & must not block another guest’s view
PROHIBITED AND RESTRICTED ITEMS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- NFL Policy: Purses larger than a clutch bag, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, diaper bags, fanny packs, cinch bags, grocery & paper bags, duffle bags, computer bags or luggage of any kind.
- Aerosol cans (hairspray, mace, pepper spray, etc.)
- Animals (except certified service animals to aid guests with disabilities)
- Balloons (air or helium)
- Balls (beach balls, footballs, etc.)
- Banners or large flags
- Cameras with lenses longer than five inches or any detachable lens
- Decals, stickers, confetti or glitter
- Drones and/or remote controlled aircraft
- Electronic equipment including laptop computers, video recorders, tripods & wearable video cameras including Go Pros.
- Food, beverages or liquids (cans, bottles, boxes, flasks, etc.)
- Illegal substances
- Knives, pocket knives, box cutters, scissors, etc.
- Laser pointers
- Markers (permanent) and/or paint
- Noisemaking devices (bells, horns, kazoos, whistles, etc.)
- Objects that can be used as missiles or projectiles (sticks, poles, bats, clubs, Frisbees, etc.)
- Offensive or profane messages or images on signs and clothing. Must comply with standards of taste and decency; must not block another guest’s view.
- Seat cushions or chairs
- Selfie sticks
- Strollers and infant car seats or carriers
- Umbrellas (large size)
- Wrapped gifts
*No weapons are allowed in the stadium. Possession of a firearm or any other weapon is strictly forbidden. Possession of such a weapon will result in immediate confiscation, ejection and possible arrest. Per the NFL, only sworn on duty law enforcement officers acting in their official capacity working at Ford Field are able to carry a weapon.