Calling all football moms! This event will provide moms the opportunity to get on the practice field to learn USA Football’s Heads Up Tackling technique and engage with other moms on issues of mutual interest regarding youth sports safety. The event will consist of important discussion on the following areas of player health and safety:
- Concussion Awareness: Education about the signs and symptoms of concussions
- Equipment Fitting: Education on proper equipment fitting (helmet & shoulder pads)
- Heads Up Tackling: Learning and executing the five steps of USA Football’s Heads Up Tackling Curriculum
- Heat & Hydration: Understanding the dangers of heat, the different types of heat illnesses, and how to acclimatize one’s body prior to physical activity
- Nutrition: Preparing proper meals for your child to perform better both in the classroom and on the field
- Parental Engagement Panel: Discussion of how a mom can best interact with her child’s coaches and be an advocate for her child’s safety on and off the playing field.
- Clinics offered: Fall