The Detroit Lions are committed to supporting organizations working to build stronger, more vibrant and thriving communities. Our impact has been possible because of our committed coaches, players—current and former, cheerleaders, families and fans working alongside us to strengthen communities.
This page is intended for Michigan charitable, educational or civic organizations to request player appearances to enhance their program or event. Please read all guidelines carefully as you apply.
Submission of an application does not guarantee an appearance.
If you would like to request a former Lions player for an event, please visit the NFL Alumni Detroit Chapter here: https://nflalumnidet.org/appearances.
To ensure that each player appearance is as meaningful as possible, consideration will only be given to events that meet the following criteria:
- Requests from for-profit organizations will not be considered
- Organizations must be located in the state of Michigan
- Requests will only be considered if submitted 6-weeks in advance of your event
- There should be a clearly defined role/activities for the player. Preference will be given to organizations that provide a meaningful, interactive role for the player, especially involving children
- Autograph sessions will not be considered
- Activities that may cause bodily harm or physical injuries to players are not permitted
- We recommend that your event NOT center on a player's appearance, but that the appearance serve as a compliment to the event
- Event should maximize the impact of the player appearance, reaching the most people possible
- Appearance should last no longer than one (1) hour
- We can accommodate no more than one request per calendar year per organization
- Requests are only accepted on this online platform. No requests will be accepted via phone, email or mail service
- No appearances will be conducted prior to 10am or later than 5:30pm
- During the NFL regular season (Sept-Jan), players are ONLY available on Tuesdays, their day off
- Players are NOT available during the team's bye (off) week or during playoffs
- Players are NOT available 72 hours prior to a game or on game day
- Players are NOT available during training camp (July-August)
- Since many players live outside the Detroit area during the offseason, players have limited availability during this time (February-June)
- The Detroit Lions reserve the right to cancel, reschedule or replace a player for a confirmed event in the event of an extenuating circumstance (i.e. injury, family emergency, team obligations)
Appearance availability is subject to change based on football schedule
The Detroit Lions must approve any use of the Lions name, logos and trademarks and/or any advertising that implies the support of any event by the Lions. The confirmation of a player appearance does not grant the right to use the Detroit Lions name and/or logo to promote your event.
This request form is intended for charitable, educational and civic organizations and does NOT require a player appearance fee.