DATES AND TIMEFRAMES
- Preliminary Round – May 7th morning
- Semi-Final Round – May 7th early afternoon
- Interview Round – May 8th morning and afternoon during business hours
- Final Round – May 8th evening
- Final All-Around Look – May 15th evening
- Candidates must check in at registration.
- Registration begins for first round at 8:00 a.m.
- After registration candidates will introduce themselves on a microphone to the judges.
- Name | Education | Occupation
- Candidates will then "freestyle" dance in groups in front of the panel of judges. Music is provided for this section of the audition.
- Candidates will have one minute to perform "freestyle" dance moves in groups for the judging panel. At the end of the performances, the judges' selections for call backs will be posted.
- Although candidates will not know what music they will be dancing to until the day of auditions, they should prepare numerous eight counts of choreography ahead of time that can easily be transferred to upbeat dance music.
- There are no specific movements that must be executed at preliminaries. "Freestyle" dance should be a blend of jazz/pom/hip-hop that incorporates movements that you feel comfortable with technically.
- We would recommend that you showcase your strongest dance moves as well as any technical skills, such as kicks, double or triple turns, leaps, flexibility movements, etc.
- Following the freestyle round, a multiple eight-count piece of choreography will be taught for an 'across-the-floor' style routine that will incorporate kicks, leaps, and turns. Choreography will then be performed in groups for the judges.
- Candidate information for those who will be moving on to the semi-final will be posted throughout the day.
- Throughout auditions, the most important performance quality is confidence and passion.
- Project strong dance elements, confident posture, controlled movements and a genuine smile.
- Contestants who have been selected to attend the semi-final round must report back at the announced time.
- Candidates will be taught a fast-paced dance/cheer type combination. Choreography may include kicks, turns, and leaps.
- Immediately following the teaching portion, candidates will perform the dance combination in groups in front of the panel of judges.
- Upon completion of this round, candidates selected to attend the final auditions will be posted.
- Candidates who have advanced to the finals are required to schedule to attend a job interview with the Director.
- Times will be provided in the evening following the semi-final round and communicated via email.
- Professional business attire is required for the interview.
- Candidates will be taught additional choreography to a second routine to be performed for the judges.
- There will be a freestyle opportunity for finalists to showcase their dance style and creativity at the start of the second routine.
- Candidates will be expected to perform across-the-floor from preliminary round, the first routine from the semi-final round, and the second routine from finals for the judges.
- Finalists will stay for a brief meeting with the Director, and those chosen to advance to our 'final look' round will be communicated via email within the week.
- The 'final look' round will take place in the evening on May 15th at Ford Field, and candidates invited to this round will be auditioning for a spot in Training Camp.