PRO: Has established himself as a physical presence in the Lions backfield with the ability to break tackles and generate explosive runs. Bell and the Lions rushing attack had a combined 17 rushing touchdowns on the season in 2012, the most the team has registered since they had 15 in 2000. Bell finished with three touchdowns.
- Appeared in eight career games with the Indianapolis Colts and Philadelphia Eagles.
- Made three special teams tackles for the Colts.
2012: Moved up the running back depth chart to gain 899 total yards (414 rushing, 485 receiving). Scored the first touchdown of the Lions 2012 season and continued to garner more playing time from there. Had 12 multi-reception games and ended the season ranked third in the NFL among running backs with 485 receiving yards and tied for fifth among running backs with 52 receptions.
- Scored the first touchdown of the season for the Lions against St. Louis (9/9). The carry for one yard and a score marked his first career carry and touchdown.
- Helped set up the Lions’ touchdown late in the fourth quarter at San Francisco (9/16) by taking a screen pass and racing 50 yards down the sideline. It was the longest reception of his career and longest play from scrimmage.
- Saw five carries for 23 yards and caught four passes for 44 yards in Week 3 at Tennessee (9/23).
- Had only one carry for two yards, but caught six passes for 72 yards in the Lions’ 20-13 loss vs. Minnesota (9/30) in Week 4.
- Rushed the seven times for 38 yards in Week 6 at Philadelphia (10/14), including a new career-long 13 yard run. Also caught one pass for three yards
- Had three carries for 13 yards and also caught three passes for a total of 16 yards in Week 7 at Chicago (10/22).
- Ran the ball seven times for 25 yards and caught four passes for 33 yards, his longest going for 11 yards, in the Lions’ 28-24 win over Seattle in Week 8 (10/28). Had a key 11-yard catch on 3rd-and-10 at the 12-yard line with 35 seconds left to help set up game-winning touchdown.
- Had a career day in Week 9 against the Jaguars (11/4), leading the Lions with 73 yards on 13 carries, both of which were career highs, and one touchdown in Detroit’s 31-14 win. Bell also set a new-career long with a 14-yard run and caught four passes for 36 yards in the game.
- Caught a career-high seven passes for 44 yards and carried the ball once for four yards in Week 10 at Minnesota (11/11).
- Had one reception for five yards and one carry for four yards in Week 11 vs. Green Bay (11/18).
- Carried the ball five times for 47 yards and one touchdown on Thanksgiving Day vs. Houston (11/22).
- Set new career highs in Week 13 vs. Indianapolis (12/2), breaking free for a 67-yard run and finishing with 81 yards on the ground on seven carries. Bell’s 67-yard run was the longest for the season by a Lions rusher and the longest since RB Jahvid Best had an 88-yard run vs. Chicago on October 10, 2011.
- Nearly surpassed 100 all-purpose yards in Week 14 at Green Bay (12/9), carrying the ball 12 times for 49 yards and catching five passes for 47 yards. Bell and fellow RB Mikel Leshoure combined for 98 of the Lions’ 135 rushing yards against the Packers.
- Carried the ball seven times for 24 yards and caught two passes for 13 yards in Week 15 at Arizona (12/16).
- Had four carries for 10 yards in Week 16 vs. Atlanta (12/22).
- Caught two passes for 19 yards and carried the ball twice for six yards in Week 17 vs. Chicago (12/30).
COLLEGE: 2009 Harlon Hill winner as the best player in Division II.
- Played in 44 career games (42 starts) for the Warriors.
- Compiled 8,055 all-purpose yards and 576 points (88 rushing TDs, eight receiving TDs), ranking him ninth and fifth, respectively, in NCAA history.
- Started in 11 games as senior in 2009, totaling career-highs in rushing yards (2,084) and TDs (29).
- Joique also had 13 kickoff returns, 9 punt returns and finished with 8,055 all-purpose yards.
- Led the nation in rushing his senior season.
- Ran for over 2,000 yards twice in his career.
- Earned AFCA All-American honors as a redshirt freshman when he ran for 2,065 yards.
- 4-time first-team All-GLIAC selection.
PERSONAL: Attended Benton Harbor High School.
- Earned first-team All-Southwestern Athletic Conference honors.
- Lettered in baseball at BHHS.
- Criminal Justice Major at WSU.