- Signed with the Seattle Seahawks as an unrestricted free agent on March 17, 2012.
- Drafted by the Tennessee Titans in the second round (54th overall) of the 2008 NFL Draft.
COLLEGE: In 45 games for Eastern Michigan, Jones started 33 games on defense and three times on offense. He collected 175 tackles with 14 sacks and ranked second in school history with 50 tackles for loss.
- As a senior in 2007, he received third-team All-American and first-team All-MAC honors and played in all 12 games with 11 starts.
- Finished fourth on the team with 70 tackles in 2007 and tied for seventh in the NCAA with a career-high 19.5 tackles for loss.
- Named EMU’s Most Valuable Player as a junior and chosen second-team All-Mid-American Conference at defense lineman.
- As a freshman in 2004, he was one of six recruits that saw action during the season. He began the season at tight end before moving to the defensive line midway through the 2004 campaign.
PERSONAL: Attended Lathrup (Southfield, Mich.) High School and enjoyed an outstanding prep career as a football and basketball player.
- Named first-team All-Oakland Athletic Association as a senior, recording 27 tackles, six sacks, four forced fumbles and seven interceptions, three of which were returned for touchdowns. Also caught 25 passes for 395 yards and eight touchdowns as a receiver.
- Named by the Detroit News as the 44th-best player on the Blue Chip list in the state of Michigan.
- Also added All-Metro North honors.
- Started as a junior and senior on the school’s basketball team and led the hoops squad to the Class A regionals in 2003-04 after averaging 24 points, 14 rebounds and two blocks.
PRO: Physical presence with the ability to play on the inside and outside of the defensive line who returns to Detroit after stints in Seattle and Tennessee and having grown up in nearby Southfield, Mich. Career totals include 61 games (31 starts) 91 total tackles (61 solo) 18.5 sacks, 19 pass defenses, seven forced fumbles and one fumble recovery.
2012: Played in 12 games during his only year with Seattle, finishing with 10 tackles (seven solo), 3.0 sacks (15.0 yards), four pass defenses and one fumble recovery.
- Registered a 0.5 sack for two yards vs. Dallas (9/16).
- Had one tackle and one sack for eight yards at St. Louis (9/30).
- Recorded two tackles in a win at Chicago (12/2).
- Finished the season with three tackles (two solo) and a 0.5 sack for three yards at Buffalo (12/16).
2011: Started 11-of-14 games played in for the Titans in 2011, finishing the season with 27 tackles (18 solo), three sacks (21 yards), one forced fumble and five pass defenses.
- Recorded first sack of the season (10 yards) at Cleveland (10/2).
- Assisted on three tackles at Pittsburgh (10/9).
- Had a sack for a loss of one yard and one pass defense vs. Indianapolis (10/30).
- Had a sack for a loss of 10 yards in a win at Carolina (11/13).
2010: Produced one of the most impressive campaigns by a defensive tackle during the “Titans” era, finishing with 38 tackles (33 solo), 3.5 sacks (28 yards), three forced fumbles and three pass defenses. His 12 tackles for loss ranked second among the Titans in that period, trailing only Kevin Carter’s 13 in 2001.
- Had four solo tackles, including one tackle for loss, vs. Denver (10/3).
- Posted two sacks for a loss of 16 yards at Dallas and had three solo tackles (10/10).
- Recorded back-to-back four-tackle games vs. Philadelphia (10/24) and at San Diego (10/31)
- Had a season-high five tackles vs. Jacksonville (12/5), tying his career high.
- Notched three tackles (two solo) and had a 0.5 sack (three yards) at Kansas City (12/26).
2009:Played in seven games during his sophomore campaign, finishing with 15 total tackles (nine solo), four sacks (29 yards) and five pass defenses.
- Registered three total tackles (two solo) and one sack (19 yards) at Pittsburgh (9/10).
- Had his best game of the season at New England (10/18), ending the day with four tackles (two solo) and two sacks for a loss of six yards.
- Had one solo tackle and one sack (four yards) vs. Jacksonville (11/1).
2008: Had a breakout season as a rookie for the Titans, finishing the year with 31 tackles (24 solo), five sacks, three forced fumbles and two pass defenses. His five sacks ranked fourth in the NFL among all defensive tackles and were the most among rookie offensive linemen.
- In his NFL debut vs. Jacksonville (9/7), posted two tackles and a 0.5 sack for a loss of 3.5 yards.
- Recorded three solo tackles and a sack for a loss of six yards at Kansas City (10/19).
- Against Pittsburgh (12/21), Jones recorded the best single-game total by a Titans player since 1993, totaling 3.5 sacks in the game, just a 0.5 sacks shy of the franchise record and the most since William Fuller’s four sacks against Pittsburgh on Nov. 28, 1993.