- Released by the Kansas City Chiefs September 16, 2009 and acquired off waivers by the Detroit Lions September 17, 2009
- Drafted by the Kansas City Chiefs in the second round (54th overall) of the 2007 NFL Draft.
PRO: Fourth-year defensive end is competing for a spot on the Lions defensive line.
- Spent two season with the Kansas City Chiefs (2007-08).
- Before coming to Detroit, the Chiefs switched McBride to linebacker after serving primarily as a defensive end in his first two NFL campaigns.
- He bounced back in 2009 after arm and shoulder injuries which limited him to nine starts in 2008.
- In his two seasons with the Chiefs, he played in 25 games (10 starts), recording 54 tackles (35 solo), a sack, a forced fumble, two fumble recoveries, ten QB pressures and one pass defensed. He also has registered one special team tackles and four kickoff returns for 40 yards.
2010: Back-up defensive end. Recorded career high 5.0 sacks, and has 32 tackles, 3 forced fumbles and 1 fumble recovery.
- Recorded 1.0 sack, a tackle, 2 quarterback hurries and a forced fumble in season opener at Chicago (9/12). Was part of an impressive goal-line stand by the defensive line as they prevented the Bears from scoring through all four downs.
- Started at left end in place of an injured Cliff Avril and registered a sack for a loss of 8 yards in the first quarter vs. Philadelphia (9/19) to keep the Eagles pinned deep in their own territory.
- Recorded a tackle for loss at Green Bay (10/3).
- Played briefly vs. St. Louis (10/10) before leaving game with ankle injury.
- Inactive at the New York Giants (10/17).
- Six tackles (2 solo) at Buffalo (11/14) as he started a LDE.
- Made start at RDE against Chicago (12/5). Had five tackles (1 solo) and added one sack for a loss of 16-yards. Forced and recovered a fumble.
- Recorded a career-high two sacks for a loss 11.5 yards against Green Bay (12/12). Added three tackles (2 solo).
- Tallied six tackles (2 solo) at Tampa Bay (12/19).
- Recorded 5 tackles (4 solo) at Miami (12/26).
2009: Claimed off waivers September 17, 2009 from Kansas City. Appeared in 11 games (four starts) with Detroit. Recorded 23 stops (13 solo), 1.5 sacks, one forced fumble and four special teams tackles.
- Inactive vs. Minnesota (9/20).
- Started first game since joining the Lions vs. Pittsburgh (10/11). Notched one tackle.
- Started at Green Bay (10/18) and recorded 1.5 sacks for a loss of five yards and 5 tackles (2 solo).
- Started in third game of the season at Seattle (11/8).
- Made four tackles (three solo) and added a special teams tackle at Minnesota (11/15).
- Recorded one tackle and first career forced fumble vs. Green Bay (11/26). His forced fumble on the Packers opening kickoff return to setup a Detroit touchdown.
2008: Before being placed on the injured reserve with arm and shoulder injuries (11/19/09), McBride started nine games, opening six contests at left defensive end and three at right defensive end. In that span, he amassed 33 tackles (30 solo), including 4 for a loss, four QB pressures, 2 fumble recoveries and a forced fumble.
- Posted a career-high six tackles vs. New Orleans (11/16).
- Recorded a career-high two forced fumbles vs. Tampa Bay (11/2).
- Tallied five tackles at Carolina (10/5).
- Totaled four tackles, including two for a loss and one QB pressure vs. Tennessee (10/19).
2007: Played in all 16 games (one start) on defense and special teams, finishing with 14 tackles (12 solo), a sack, 3 QB pressures, a pass defense and 4 special teams tackles.
- Registered two tackles, a sack, one QB pressure and a special teams stop vs. Minnesota (9/23).
- Had four kickoff returns for 40 yards.
COLLEGE: Closed out his Tennessee career having played in 43 games (17 starts), recording 121 tackles (73 solo), 6.5 sacks (42.0 yards), 20.5 tackles for loss, and 14 QB pressures. He also tallied 2 fumble recoveries, 3 forced fumbles and 3 passes defensed.
- Started all 13 games as a senior in 2006, with two coming at left defensive end, one at right defensive end and 10 at left defensive tackle.
- He totaled 68 tackles (42 solo), a sack (-0.8 yards), 9.0 tackles for a loss and five QB pressures. Also forced a fumble and deflected a pass.
- Was named first-team All-Southeastern by the Associated Press.
- Appeared in nine games as a junior in 2005.
- Saw action in 13 games (four starts) at both defensive tackle and defensive end as a sophomore in 2004, recording 36 tackles (22 solo), 3.0 sacks (13.0 yards), eight tackles for loss, six QB pressures, one pass defense, 2 fumble recoveries and 2 forced fumbles.
- Played in eight games as a true freshmen in 2003.
- Majored in Sociology at Tennessee.
- Full name is Claude Maurice McBride and was born May 30, 1985.
- Earned Parade and Super Prep All-America honors as a senior at Woodrow Wilson High School in Camden, New Jersey.
- Was a four-year starter at wide receiver and a two-year starter at defensive end.
- As a senior was named all-state, all-area, all-conference, and All-South Jersey, recording 67 tackles, 16.0 sacks, an INT, 4 fumble recoveries, 4 forced fumbles and 4 blocked punts.
- Tallied 60 tackels, 13.0 sacks, three fumble recoveries, two of which he returned for touchdowns as well as four blocked field goals in his junior campaign. He also, posted 24 catches for 486 yards and nine touchdowns that season.
- Competed in track and field in the shot put, discus and 100 meters.