- Drafted by the Detroit Lions in the seventh round (223rd overall) of the 2012 NFL Draft.
PRO: Drafted by the Detroit Lions in the seventh round (223rd overall) of the 2012 NFL Draft.
2012: Saw action primarily on special teams, finishing with two special teams tackles.
- Also saw limited time at linebacker and recorded one solo tackle. Saw action on special teams in season opener vs. St. Louis (9/9), especially on cover units.
- Inactive in Week 2 at San Francisco (9/16) and Week 3 at Tennessee (9/23)
- Inactive in Week 4 vs. Minnesota (9/30).
- Retuned to action in Week 6 at Philadelphia (10/14) on special teams.
- Had one special teams tackle in the Lions’ 31-14 win over Jacksonville in Week 9 (11/4).
- Recorded two special teams tackles in Week 11 vs. Green Bay (11/18).
- Assisted on one special teams tackle in Week 17 vs. Chicago (12/30).
COLLEGE: A four-year starter for the Sooners, Lewis became the first player in Oklahoma history to lead the team in tackles four-straight seasons.
- Had 53 career starts, the most ever by an OU linebacker.
- Finished his tenure at Oklahoma with 446 career tackles, the third-best total in OU history.
- Academic All-Big 12 first team.
2011: Tied as OU’s leading tackler on the season with 84 total tackles and was named Second Team All-Big 12 by AP and coaches.
- Currently ranks third on the Big 12’s career tackles chart.
- Led the team with nine tackles at Kansas, and hit double digits in tackles for the first time during the season with 11 stops against Texas Tech.
2010: Started at weakside linebacker in all 14 games and was named Second Team All-Big 12 by AP and coaches.
- Finished third on the team with three interceptions and produced three takeaways in the Big 12 Championship vs. Nebraska with one interception and two fumble recoveries.
2009: Named First Team All-Big 12 by coaches and Second Team by AP.
- Recorded double digit tackles in five games and led all linebackers with 9.5 tackles for loss.
- Collected nine tackles and one interception in OU’s Sun Bowl win over Stanford.
2008: Named Defensive Newcomer of the Year by AP and Big 12 Defensive Freshman of the Year by coaches.
- Also named First Team All-Big 12 by AP and Second Team by coaches.
- Broke Brian Bosworth’s freshman season tackles record of 133 and tied Bosworth’s record for tackles by a freshman in a game with 19 against Texas.
- Second on the team with 11.5 tackles for loss and hit double digit tackles in six games.
- Attended Robert E. Lee High School in San Antonio where he played linebacker and running back under coach Jimmy Ramos.
- Lewis Rushed for 1,436 yards on 222 carries with nine touchdowns as a senior, and also caught 10 passes for 108 yards and a touchdown.
- After being named all-area and all-metro as a senior, Lewis was invited to the U.S. Army All-American game. He was also invited to the Army Combine and Nike Camp.
- No. 20 outside linebacker (Rivals.com) in high school.
- No. 10 MLB prospect in the nation (Scout.com) in high school.
- Son of James Lewis and Dori Schwartz.