- Signed with the Detroit Lions March 22, 2010.
- Released by the Carolina Panthers March 5, 2010.
- Placed on Reserve/Injured list by the Carolina Panthers November 24, 2009.
- Signed by the Carolina Panthers March 10, 2008.
- Drafted by the Cincinnati Bengals in the third round (96th overall) of the 2004 NFL Draft.
PRO: Versatile linebacker who has played both the outside and middle linebacker positions during his career. He spent the previous two seasons (2008-09) in Carolina.
- In 2009, Johnson recorded 17 tackles (13 solo) for Carolina and added three special teams stops through 10 games (three starts) before being placed on injured/reserve with a knee injury.
- Prior to joining the Panthers, Johnson spent the first four seasons of his career with the Cincinnati Bengals recording 377 tackles (254 solo), 3.5 sacks (26 yards), one interception, 12 pass defenses, six forced fumbles and three fumble recoveries.
- Over the span of 64 games played in Cincinnati, the versatile defender earned 21 starts at weakside linebacker, 20 at middle linebacker and 12 at strongside linebacker.
- Led Cincinnati in tackles two times in four seasons, producing a career high 107 in 2006.
- Scored first career touchdown on a 34-yard fumble return for Cincinnati versus Baltimore (9/10/07).
- Recorded first career interception off quarterback Charlie Frye for Cincinnati at Cleveland (9/17/06).
2010: Has starting at middle and outside spots this season. 40 tackles (32 solo), 2 forced fumbles and 7 special teams tackles this year.
- Started at middle linebacker in season opener at Chicago (9/12) in place of injured DeAndre Levy. Recoded 3 solo tackles and added a stop on special teams.
- Started at middle linebacker vs. Philadelphia (9/19) and 2 tackles (1 solo).
- Inactive at Minnesota (9/26) with a foot injury.
- Returned to action and garnered four tackles (3 solo) at Green Bay (10/3).
- Inactive at the New York Giants (10/17).
- Recorded four tackles (4 solo) and two special teams tackles at Buffalo (11/14).
- Starting at outside linebacker, recorded 7 tackles (7 solo) against New England (11/25). Added one special teams tackle.
- Starting outside linebacker, added five tackles (2 solo) against Chicago (12/5).
- Recorded seven tackles (5 solo) against Green Bay (12/12) before leaving game after suffering a neck injury.
- Inactive at Tampa Bay (12/19).
- Recorded three tackles (2 solo) and had one fumble recovery at Miami (12/26). Left game early with concussion.
2009: Played through 10 games with three starts and recorded 29 tackles (18 solo) and a forced fumble. Was placed on injured/reserve November 24 after suffering a knee injury.
- Recorded a season-high 7 tackles vs. Atlanta (11/15).
2008: Appeared in 15 games, primarily as on special teams, and was inactive at Atlanta (11/23). Finished the season with 7 tackles, a forced fumble and tallied six special teams stops.
- Forced a fumble by Saints kickoff returner Skyler Green that was recovered by CB Dante Wesley and returned 12 yards for a touchdown at New Orleans (12/28).
- Saw action as a reserve linebacker and on special teams vs. Arizona (1/10/09) in NFC Divisional Playoff game.
2007: Started in all 16 games for Cincinnati. Opened the first eight games at weakside linebacker and the last eight at middle linebacker. Ranked first on the Bengals with a career-high 143 tackles, marking the third time in four seasons to have led the team in tackles. Paced or tied for the team lead in tackles in six games and registered a sack, 2 fumble recoveries and 5 pass defenses. Added five special teams stops on the season.
- Accumulated a season-high 14 tackles vs. Baltimore (9/10) and recovered 2 fumbles by Ravens QB Steve McNair, returning one 34 yards for his first career touchdown.
- Registered an 8-yard sack of Chiefs QB Damon Huard at Kansas City (10/14).
- Moved from weakside linebacker to middle linebacker at Baltimore (11/11) and started the final eight games in that spot following injuries to Ahmad Brooks and Caleb Miller.
- Matched a season-high 14 tackles at San Francisco (12/15).
2006: Started in all 16 games for Cincinnati, making 13 starts at weakside linebacker and three at strongside linebacker. Led the Bengals with 132 tackles and topped or tied for the team lead in tackles for five games. Also recorded half a sack, 3 forced fumbles, 1 interception and 5 pass defenses on the season.
- Notched first career interception vs. Cleveland (9/17) picking off Browns QB Charlie Frye, to set up a Bengals touchdown.
- Generated a team-leading 8 tackles and a forced fumble vs. San Diego (11/12).
- Tied a season-high 14 tackles at New Orleans (11/19).
- Shared a sack of Frye with DE Justin Smith and forced a fumble on the play at Cleveland (11/26).
- Caused RB Willie Parker to fumble at the Bengals five-yard line to end a Steelers scoring threat vs. Pittsburgh (12/31).
2005: Played in all 16 games with 10 starts for Cincinnati. Made nine starts at strongside linebacker and one at middle linebacker. Finished third on the team with 99 tackles to go along with 2 forced fumbles and a pass defense. Led or tied the team lead in tackles in two games and notched 72 tackles in the last nine games after logging 27 in the first seven. Added seven special teams tackles.
- Stripped the ball from Ravens TE Todd Heap which resulted in a Bengals touchdown at Baltimore (11/6).
- Posted 11 tackles and a forced fumble at Pittsburgh (12/4).
- Started at middle linebacker vs. Cleveland (12/11).
- Tied a season-high 14 tackles vs. Buffalo (12/24).
- Saw action in AFC Wild Card Playoff vs. Pittsburgh (1/8/06).
2004: Drafted in the third round (96th overall) by Cincinnati and played in 16 games with 11 starts at middle linebacker. Became the third rookie to lead the Bengals in tackles with 133, since 1976, joining linebackers James Francis (1990) and Takeo Spikes (1998). Also notched 2.0 sacks, 1 forced fumble, 1 fumble recovery, 6 pass defenses and 9 special teams tackles.
- Made first NFL start at Cleveland (10/17) and recorded 5 tackles. Also recovered a fumble by QB Jeff Garcia, leading to a Bengals field goal.
- At Washington (11/14) gathered first career sack, dropping QB Patrick Ramsey for an 8-yard loss.
- Amassed a career-best 20 tackles at Pittsburgh (11/21) and notched a sack of QB Ben Roethlisberger for a 6-yard loss.
- Ended the season with a team-high 14 tackles and a forced fumble at Philadelphia (1/2/05).
COLLEGE: Played in 47 games with 45 starts for Purdue. Tallied 345 tackles, 8.5 sacks, 6 forced fumbles, 4 fumble recoveries and 4 interceptions over the span of his career.
- Majored in general healthy science.
PERSONAL: Attended Coronado High School in Lubbock, Texas.