- Acquired by the Detroit Lions via trade with the Seattle Seahawks March 17, 2009.
- Signed by the Seattle Seahawks as an unrestricted free agent March 27, 2006.
- Designated by the San Francisco 49ers as the team’ franchise player February 22, 2005. Re-signed by the 49ers March 25, 2005.
- Placed on Reserve/Injured list October 11, 2004 by the 49ers.
- Designated by the San Francisco 49ers as the team’ franchise player February 24, 2004. Re-signed by the 49ers July 27, 2004.
- Drafted by the San Francisco 49ers in the first round (16th overall) of the 2000 NFL Draft.
PRO: Peterson played in all 16 games (15 starts) at outside linebacker for Detroit last season and was fourth on the team with 75 tackles (48 solo). He was acquired by Detroit through a trade with Seattle for DT Cory Redding March 17, 2009.
- Prior to joining the Lions, the five-time Pro Bowl linebacker had spent three seasons (2006-08) with the Seahawks after signing with the club as an unrestricted free agent March 27, 2006.
- In 2008, Peterson finished second on the team in total tackles with 86 (65 solo).
- Peterson spent the first six seasons (2000-05) of his career with the 49ers.
- Over the span of his 10-year career, he has recorded 807 tackles (600 solo), eight interceptions for 65 yards, 63 passes defensed, 21 forced fumbles and 11 fumble recoveries in 158 games with 149 starts..
- Originally signed by Seattle in the first round (16th overall) of the 2000 NFL Draft.
2010: In his second season as one of the team’s starting outside linebackers. Has registered team-high 84 tackles (57 solo), 1 sack, 5 pass defenses and 2 fumble recoveries.
- Recorded 6 tackles (4 solo), a pass defense and a fumble recovery in season opener at Chicago (9/12).
- Recorded 2 tackles (1 solo) against Philadelphia (9/19).
- Tallied 6 tackles (5 solo) at Minnesota (9/26).
- Garnered team-high 11 tackles (7 solo), 1 sack (2 yards) and 2 pass defenses in Lions 44-6 win vs. St. Louis (10/10).
- Had 1 fumble recovery and 5 tackles (3 solo) at the New York Giants (10/17).
- Recorded seven tackles (5 solo) and had one pass defense against the New York Jets (11/7).
- Had six tackles (5 solo), two tackles for loss and one pass defense at Buffalo (11/14).
- 7 tackles (4 solo), including one tackle for loss at Dallas (11/21).
- Recorded five tackles (3 solo) against New England (11/25).
- Had four tackles (2 solo) against Chicago (12/5).
- Tallied seven tackles (4 solo), one tackle for loss against Green Bay (12/12).
- Recorded nine tackles (8 solo) at Tampa Bay (12/19).
2009: Appeared in all 16 games with 14 starts. Recorded 75 tackles (48 solo), 4.5 sacks, four passes defensed, one fumble recovery and five forced fumbles on the year.
- Started at outside linebacker in season opener, his debut with the Lions, at New Orleans (9/13) and recorded 2 tackles (1 solo).
- Recorded 3 solo stops and was part of a defense that held Vikings’ RB Adrian Peterson to 92 rushing yards vs. Minnesota (9/20).
- Recorded 4 solo stops and a forced fumble at Seattle (11/8).
- Finished tied for second on the team with seven tackles (four solo) at Minnesota (11/15).
- Made seven tackles (three solo) and one sack for a six-yard loss. Also forced a fumble and recorded on pass defensed vs. Green Bay (11/26).
- Recorded six tackles (three solo) including one behind the line of scrimmage at Cincinnati (12/6).
- Recovered his second fumble of the season to go with two tackles vs. Arizona (12/20).
2008: Finished second on the team in total tackles with 86 (65 solo).
- Tied for team lead with eight tackles (five solo) at Buffalo (9/7). Also added a pass defensed.
- Had seven solo tackles with a sack and forced fumble leading to a Seattle touchdown vs. Green Bay (10/12).
- At San Francisco (10/26), recorded eight tackles (four solo), a sack and forced fumble that resulted in a 17-yard loss and a 50-yard fumble return by Patrick Kerney.
- Did not start vs. Washington (11/23) when the team opened in a nickel package, but led team with a season-high 10 tackles (eight solo) and had one sack and a pass defensed.
2007: Started all 16 games for fourth time in career and earned third Pro Bowl berth, second straight with Seattle. Tallied 9.5 sacks (10th NFC), 0.5 off his career-high set in 2006. Tied a career-high with two interceptions during the season.
- Set a career-high with 3.0 sacks vs. San Francisco (9/30). Also had a career-high two forced fumbles.
2006: For the third time in his career started in all 16 games, posting 89 tackles (71 solo), a career-high 10 sacks, one interception, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery. Named to his third career Pro Bowl, first with Seattle.
- Had a career-high string of four games (at St. Louis 10/15; vs. Minnesota 10/22; at Kansas City 10/29; vs. Oakland 11/6) with at least one sack, totaling 6.0 during that span.
- Recorded a season-high 12 tackles (eight solo) vs. the Vikings (10/22).
2005: Returned from Achilles tendon injury in 2004 to play in 15 games, starting 14. Finished season with 87 tackles (60 solo), 3.0 sacks, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery.
- Opened season with a career-high 2.5 sacks along with seven tackles (five solo) vs. St. Louis (9/11).
- Posted a season-high nine tackles (six solo) vs. the NY Giants (11/6) and forced his lone fumble of the year.
- Tied season-high with nine stops (six solo) at Seattle (12/11) and also had 0.5 sack.
2004: Season cut short due to Achilles injury suffered vs. Arizona (10/10). Finished the season with 34 tackles (19 solo), 2.5 sacks, two passes defensed and one forced fumble through five games as a starter. Placed on injured reserve October 11.
2003: Started in all 16 regular season games. Finished with career-high 144 tackles (86 solo), career-high three forced fumbles, career-high 7.0 sacks and two interceptions. Named to second consecutive Pro Bowl.
- Registered 12 tackles (six solo) and three quarterback pressures vs. Chicago (9/7).
- Tallied 14 tackles (nine solo) at Green Bay (11/23).
- Led team with career-high 15 tackles (nine solo) vs. Arizona (12/7). Also recorded 1.5 sacks (14 yards) and four passes defensed vs. Cardinals.
2002: Played and started in every game, including postseason, for first time in career. Finished second ranked second on the team with 104 tackles (71 solo), 2.0 sacks, six tackles for loss, one interception and two forced fumbles. Named to first Pro Bowl.
- Named NFC Defensive Player of the Week for performance against Chiefs (11/12).
2001: Started and played in 14 games. Finished season with 49 tackles (32 solo). Also added 3.0 sacks, two passes defensed and one fumble recovery (returned for 26 yards for a touchdown).
- Recorded three tackles at Chicago (10/28). Also recovered fumble, which he returned for 26 yards for first-career touchdown.
2000: Saw action in 13 games for San Francisco, starting seven as rookie. Posted 47 tackles, 4.0 sacks two interceptions (33 yards) and four passes defensed.
- Notched three tackles and first-career sack at Carolina (9/10) also had first-career interception (31 yards) vs. Panthers.
- Had interception (two yards) and became first 49ers linebacker since 1995 to record multiple interceptions in season at Dallas (9/24).
- Made first-career start and posted one tackle before leaving game with left knee sprain vs. Oakland (10/8).
COLLEGE: Registered 140 tackles, including 25.0 sacks, in only 23 games at Michigan State. Started all 12 games at outside linebacker as senior. Finished with 82 tackles (55 solo) and led team with career-high 15.0 sacks.
- All-America selection by Football News and The Sporting News.
- First-team NJCAA All-America and Seaboard Conference Defensive Player of the Year at Valley Forge Junior College as a sophomore (1997). Amassed 20.5 sacks.
- As a freshman at Valley Forgo registered 19.5 sacks.
- Majored in park, recreation and tourism resources.
- • Prepped at Crossland (Temple Hills, Md.) High School.
- Ranked among the nation’s top defensive linemen in 1995.
- Named Chesapeake Classic MVP in 1996.
- Married to Aimee and has a son, Jayson.