Signed by the Detroit Lions on September 23, 2014 and provides valuable depth in the team’s linebacking corps. Possesses the ability to contribute in various defensive packages. Member of the 2012 Baltimore Ravens team that won Super Bowl XLVII (made final tackle of the game).
- Re-signed by the Lions as an unrestricted free agent to a two-year contract on March 13, 2015.
- Signed by the Detroit Lions from Baltimore Ravens practice squad on September 23, 2014.
- Signed by the Baltimore Ravens active roster from the practice squad on September 17, 2012
- Signed by the Baltimore Ravens as an undrafted rookie free agent on July 28, 2011.
Signed by the Detroit Lions on September 23, 2014 and provides valuable depth in team’s linebacking core. Possesses the ability to contribute in various defensive packages. Member of the 2012 Baltimore Ravens team that won Super Bowl XLVII (made final tackle of the game).
2015:Started at linebacker in place of injured LB DeAndre Levy in Week 1 at San Diego (9/13). Recorded a team-high eight total tackles in the game.
- Started at linebacker in Week 2 at Minnesota (9/20). Contributed five total tackles, including one tackle for loss.
- Recorded seven total tackles and one pass defense in Week 3 vs. Denver (9/27).
- Contributed five total tackles, including one tackle for loss in Week 4 at Seattle (10/5).
- Tallied three total tackles in Week 5 vs. Arizona (10/11).
- Collected 10 total tackles and one special teams tackle in Week 6 vs. Chicago (10/18).
- Tied for the team-high in tackles with eight in Week 7 vs. Minnesota (10/25).
- Contributed four total tackles in Week 8 at Kansas City (11/1).
- Tallied two total tackles in Week 10 at Green Bay (11/15).
- Garnered three total tackles, including one pass defense in Week 11 vs. Oakland (11/22).
- Registered two total tackles in Week 12 vs. Philadelphia (11/26).
- Recorded four total tackles in Week 13 vs. Green Bay (12/3).
- Contributed a team-high eight total tackles in Week 14 at St. Louis (12/13).
- Tallied four total tackles and two pass defenses in Week 15 at New Orleans (12/21). Also recorded one special teams tackle
- Posted five tackles (three solo), a forced fumble and 0.5 sacks in Week 16 vs. San Francisco (12/27). Along with DT Haloti Ngata, took down 49ers QB Blaine Gabbert and forced a fumble that was recovered by LB Tahir Whitehead on the one-yard line. This defensive effort culminated in a one-yard touchdown by RB Joique Bell in Detroit’s 32-17 win over San Francisco.
- In the season finale, had two tackles in Week 17 at Chicago (1/3).
2014: Contributing member of the Lions linebacker group who finished his first season in Detroit with 19 total tackles (16 solo), his first-career interception (17 yards) and two pass defenses after joining the team in September. Also recorded three special teams tackles.
- Collected an assisted tackle on special teams in Week 4 at New York Jets (10/28).
- Saw playing time in a backup linebacker role in Week 5 vs. Buffalo (10/5).
- Collected a pair of tackles and had one pass defense in Week 6 at Minnesota (10/12).
- Participated in a backup linebacker role in Week 7 vs. New Orleans (10/19).
- Made one tackle in Week 8 at Atlanta (10/26).
- Collected an assisted tackle in Week 10 vs. Miami (11/9).
- Hauled in his career-first interception and made three total tackles in Week 11 at Arizona (11/16).
- Had three solo tackles in Week 12 at New England (11/23).
- Collected three total tackles in Week 13 vs. Chicago (11/27).
- Made one tackle in Week 14 vs. Tampa Bay (12/7).
- Had a pair of solo tackles in Week 15 vs. Minnesota (12/14).
- Notched three solo tackles in Week 16 at Chicago (12/21).
2013: Was a contributing member of the Baltimore Ravens defense, appearing in 15 games and starting six of them.
- Recorded eight tackles in Week 1 against the Denver Broncos (9/5).
- Had eight tackles in Week 2 vs. Cleveland Browns (9/15).
- Registered two tackles in Week 3 vs. Houston (9/22).
- Recorded eight tackles in Week 4 at Buffalo (9/29).
- Had one tackle and defended one pass in Week 5 at Miami (10/6).
- Registered four tackles and had one pass defense in Week 6 vs. Green Bay (10/13).
- Defended one pass in Week 9 at Cleveland (11/3).
- Registered two tackles including one on special teams in Week 10 vs. Cincinnati (11/10).
- Recorded one tackle in Week 11 at Chicago (11/17).
- Had six tackles in Week 13 vs. Pittsburgh (11/28).
- Recorded one tackle in Week 14 vs. Minnesota (12/8).
2012: Saw action at backup linebacker in 10 games, starting in three, in his second NFL campaign with the Baltimore Ravens.
- Recorded one tackle in Week 10 vs. Oakland (11/11).
- Had two tackles in Week 13 vs. Pittsburgh (12/2).
- Registered five tackles in Week 14 at Washington (12/9).
- Had 13 tackles (11 solo) and one pass defense in Week 15 vs. Denver (12/16).
- Recorded one tackle in Week 16 vs. New York Giants (12/23).
- Registered nine tackles in Week 17 at Cincinnati (12/30).
Appeared in 43 games at Auburn and won the 2010 BCS National Championship. Bynes anchored the middle of the Auburn defense for three consecutive years, garnering second Team All-SEC honors as a senior. Career totals include 238 tackles, one forced fumble and defended 12 passes.
- Started 35 consecutive games at Auburn.
- Started all 13 games in 2009 and had 104 tackles, one sack, two forced fumbles, a fumble recovery and defended eight passes for Auburn.
- Started eight of 12 games for the Tigers in 2008, totaling 53 tackles and defended four passes.
- Saw action in four games in 2007, totaling 10 tackles and one forced fumble.
Graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Human Development and Family Studies.
- Played in just eight games as a senior, totaling 110 tackles, four forced fumbles, three recoveries and two sacks.
- Led Boyd Anderson High School to a 9-3 overall record and to the second round of the state playoffs as a senior.
- Earned Broward County Defensive Player of the Year honors in 2006.
BYNES' SINGLE-GAME BESTS
- Tackles: 13 at Den 12/16/12
- Sacks:0.5 vs. SF 12/27/15
- Interceptions: 1 at Ari 11/16/14
- Interception Return Yards: 17 at Ari 11/16/14
- Pass Defenses: 2 at NO 12/21/15
- Special Teams Tackles: 2 vs. SF 2/13/13