- Placed on Reserve/Injured list by the Lions November 16, 2009.
- Claimed off waivers by the Detroit Lions November 10, 2009.
- Released by the Denver Broncos November 7, 2009
- Drafted by the Denver Broncos in the fourth round (119th overall) of the 2008 NFL Draft.
PRO: Claimed by the Lions in 2009 from Denver after spending the first seven games of the season with the Broncos. Is competing for a spot in the Lions’ secondary.
- Has played in 22 career games and registered 19 tackles (all solo), three pass defenses, one fumble recovery and seven special teams tackles.
- Williams spent his rookie season in Denver and saw time in 14 games, recording seven tackles (all solo) on defense. Williams finished the season tied for sixth on the team with five special teams stops (all on kickoff coverage).
2009: Claimed from the Broncos November 10 after playing through the first seven games of the season with Denver. Played in one game for the Lions but a knee injury forced him out for the remainder of the season.
2008:Selected by the Broncos in the fourth round (119th overall) of the 2008 NFL Draft, Williams played 14 games (0 starts) as a rookie and had nine tackles (all solo) on defense.
- Tied for sixth on the team with five special- teams stops (all on kickoff coverage).
- Saw time on defense in seven games, registering a career-high four tackles at Atl. (11/16).
- Inactive for the final two games.
- Totaled two interceptions (121 yards) in the preseason, including an 89-yard touchdown return at Ari. (8/29).
COLLEGE: Williams totaled 245 tackles (167 solo), 13 interceptions (209 yards), three sacks (26 yards), 25 pass breakups, seven forced fumbles and seven fumble recoveries in 44 career games (37 starts) at Kent State University.
- Finished his career tied for third in school history with 13 interceptions.
- Returned a school-record two interceptions for scores in his career.
- Earned second-team All-Mid-American Conference honors as a senior, starting 11 games and registering a personal-best 93 tackles (70 solo) along with three interceptions.
- Tied for first in the nation with five forced fumbles and had eight takeaways (4 interceptions, 4 fumble recoveries) as a junior, receiving Kent State’s Defensive Back of the Year and Special Teams Player of the Year awards.
- Named Kent State’s Defensive Back of the Year as a sophomore.
- Redshirted as a true freshman at Kent State.
PERSONAL: Williams received all-state honors as a senior at Booker T. Washington High School in Norfolk, Va.
- Also picked up all-region and all-Tidewater accolades during his final prep season.
- Twice named all-district and lettered three times as a defensive back while also seeing time as a wide receiver.
- Posted 10 interceptions and 10 touchdowns as a senior.
- Earned “Elite Flash” status for his prowess in weightlifting, speed and agility in offseason drills at Kent State.
- Received a bachelor’s degree in sports management from Kent State.
- Jack Williams was born on March 27, 1985, in Norfolk, Va.