- Waived by the Browns December 14, 2010 and claimed off waivers by the Lions December 16, 2010.
- Signed with the Cleveland Browns November 16, 2010.
- Released by the Lions September 4, 2010.
- Placed on Reserve/Injured list by the Lions October 12, 2009.
- Signed by the Detroit Lions as an unrestricted free agent February 28, 2009 to a two-year deal.
- Placed on Reserve/Injured list by the Titans November 22, 2008.
- Placed on Reserve/Injured list by the Titans December 26, 2007.
- Waived by the Buffalo Bills September 2, 2006 and claimed off waivers by the Tennessee Titans September 3, 2006.
- Drafted by the Buffalo Bills in the fifth round (153rd overall) of the 2005 NFL Draft.
PRO: Entering his sixth NFL season, King signed with the Lions as an unrestricted free agent February 28, 2009 after spending the previous three seasons in Tennessee (2006-08). Last season King played in four games with one start before being placed on the injured reserve list October 12, 2009. In 2007, King played in 15 games with one start and recorded six tackles, a tackle for loss and nine special teams stops before being placed on injured reserve with a forearm injury December 26, 2007. King joined the Titans September 3, 2006 after being claimed off of waivers from the Bills.
2010: Backup cornerback who was claimed by the Detroit Lions from the Cleveland Browns December 16.
- Recorded two tackles (1 solo) in first game with Detroit at Tampa Bay (12/19).
- Had one tackle and one special teams tackle at Miami (12/26).
2009: Recorded five tackles (four solo), one pass defensed and two special teams tackles. Was placed on Reserve/Injured list October 12, 2009.
- Started at RCB at New Orleans (9/13). Recorded three tackles and a pass defensed. Added one stop on special teams.
2008: Saw action in 10 games with one start before being placed on injured reserve November 22, 2008.
- Saw significant playing time at cornerback after Nick Harper left the game with an injury vs. Houston (9/21) and registered three solo tackles, a pass defensed and a tackle for loss in the Titans’ 31-12 victory.
- Recorded two passes defensed in the Titans’ 21-14 win at Chicago (11/9). Also forced Bears to attempt a long field goal that was blocked by breaking up athird-and-12 pass in the fourth quarter and broke up a third-and-four pass during the Bears’ final drive in the fourth quarter.
- Started at cornerback and posted three solo tackles in the Titans’ 24-14 come-from-behind victory at Jacksonville (11/16).
2007: Played in 15 games with one start before being placed on injured reserve December 26, 2007. Collected seven tackles, including a tackle for loss. Tied for third on the team with 11 special teams tackles.
- Against Houston (12/2), tied for the team lead with two solo special teams tackles in the Titans’ 28-20 victory. Supplied a key hit on Jacoby Jones allowing Donnie Nickey to recover the loose ball during a Texans’ punt return in the fourth quarter.
- At Kansas city (12/16), saw limited action as the nickel back and notched two tackles in the Titans’ 26-17 road victory. Hit Eddie Drummond after he muffed a punt allowing Vincent Fuller to recover the fumble at the Kansas City 21-yard line in the second quarter. Registered a solo special teams tackle on coverage units.
- Against New York Jets (12/23), started at cornerback as the Titans’ opened the game in a nickel package. Registered five solo tackles, including a tackle for loss in the Titan’ 10-6 win. Suffered an arm injury during the game and was later placed on injured reserve.
2006: Played in 11 games in his first season with the Titans. Saw action primarily on special teams and totaled five special teams tackles. Lined up in a limited role in defensive backfield.
- Was inactive five games (9/10 vs. New York Jets, 10/1 vs. Dallas, 10/15 at Washington, 11/12 vs. Baltimore and 12/17 vs. Jacksonville).
2005: Played in all 16 games with one start during rookie year with Bills. A contributor in nickel situations, King registered 43 tackles (30 solo) and five passes defensed. Also posted five solo tackles for the special teams unit.
- At New Orleans (10/2), posted the first tackle of his NFL career.
- At Miami (12/4), posted career-high 11 tackles, including one for a loss, a pass breakup and a solo tackle on special teams.
- Made first career start vs. New England (12/11) and notched seven tackles and a pass breakup.
COLLEGE: While at Wake Forest, started 42 of 46 games, recorded 217 tackles (175 solo) with two sacks and 11 stops for losses of 47 yards and deflected 39 passes, while also recovering six fumbles.
- As senior, earned second-team All-Atlantic Coast Conference honors when he registered 40 tackles (29 solo) with two sacks, six stops for losses and 11 passes defensed.
- As junior, became the school’s first defensive back since 1987 to earn first-team All-ACC honors, registering 59 tackles (49 solo) and led the conference with 18 passes defensed (15 pass breakups, three interceptions) while also recovering three fumbles.
- Graduated with degree in communications.
- Has one daughter, Saniyah.
- A multi-sport standout at McDonogh (Woodstock, Md.) High School, where he played defensive back for the Eagles, earning first-team, all-state, all-metro and all-county honors.
- Was a part of six conference championship teams – three in football and three in basketball.
- Was local private school track champion in both 100-meter and long jump events.
- Born Eric David King Jr., on May 10, 1982 in Baltimore, Maryland.