2011: Enters second-season in Detroit as a starting cornerback. Has career-high 5 interceptions on the season (tied for eighth in NFL through 16 weeks). Tied for the league lead with 2 interception return for touchdowns.
- Recorded his fifth-career interception in season opener at Tampa Bay (9/11).
- Stopped Chiefs drive in Lions territory during the second quarter (4:36) by recorded his second interception of the season (9/18). Returned the pick for 26 yards. Now has tied his single-season career-high for interceptions (2). He also had 2 in 2008. The team recorded a total of 3 interceptions against Kansas City, all recorded by members of the secondary (Houston, S Amari Spievey and CB Eric Wright). The last time the secondary recorded 3 interceptions in a game was in a 16-7 win at Chicago (10/28/07).
- Recorded his third interception on the season (a career single-season high), a 56-yard touchdown return, in the third quarter at Dallas (10/2). It was the second consecutive interception return for a touchdown of the game. The return for a score was the second of his career, first since joining the Lions in 2010.
- Houston’s interception return, along with LB Bobby Carpenter’s on consecutive third quarter Dallas drives, it gave the Lions two pick-six plays. The last time Detroit returned 2 interceptions for touchdowns in the same game was October 16, 2005 vs. Carolina. It was also the fist time that the team has registered two defensive scores in a game since they returned a fumble and an interception for touchdowns vs. Denver (11/4/07).
- Jumped an out route, picked off a pass by Denver QB Tim Tebow, and returned it 100 yards for a touchdown at Denver (10/30). It was the longest return of his career. He became the fourth player in Lions history with a 100+-yard interception. It was the fourth longest return in team history. He now has two interception returns for touchdowns. He is the eighth player in team history to accomplish that feat and first since LB Reggie Brown in 1997.
- Inactive due to injury at New Orleans (12/4) and vs. Minnesota (12/11).
- In the victory over San Diego (12/24), he picked off his 5th pass of the season and returned it 43 yards. He now has 225 interception return yards this season, which is the fourth-most in team history. He surpassed 200 yards via interception returns for the 10th time in team history.
2010: Team's starting left cornerback. Led team with 12 pass defenses. Had 54 tackles (44 solo), 1 interception, 1 forced fumble and 2 special teams tackle on the season.
- Recorded 4 solo tackles a forced fumble and a special teams tackle in season opener at Chicago (9/12).
- Tallied 5 solo tackles at Minnesota (9/26).
- Recorded first interception of the season at Green Bay (10/3), along with one tackle and one pass defense.
- Compiled four tackles and two pass defenses vs. St. Louis (10/10).
- Four tackles (3 solo), one tackle for loss, one pass defense and a special teams tackle against Washington (10/31).
- Recorded season-high 3 pass defenses and a solo tackle before leaving the game due to injury against the New York Jets (11/7).
- Tallied five tackles (4 solo) and had two pass defenses at Buffalo (11/14).
- Had four tackles (3 solo) against New England (11/25).
- Recorded 6 tackles (6 solo) and added 2 pass defenses vs. Chicago (12/5).
- Against Green Bay (12/12), added four tackles (3 solo).
- Tallied five tackles (5 solo) and one pass defense at Tampa Bay (12/19).
- Recorded three tackles at Miami (12/26) before exiting game early due to injury.
- Inactive in final game (shoulder) vs. Minnesota (1/2).
2009: Finished season with 47 tackles, an interception and 9 pass defenses after playing in 12 games (10 starts).
- Had a season-high 6 tackles in two games (at NE, 9/27 and vs. Chi, 10/18).
- Inactive three games: vs. NO (12/13), at NYJ (12/20) and vs. Buf (12/27) due to hamstring injury.
- Placed on reserve/injured list December 29.
2008: Started in all 16 games at right cornerback and finished the season with career-highs in tackles (60), interceptions (2) and pass defenses (16).
- Recorded a career-high 4 passes defensed and his first career interception vs. Kansas City (9/21) in addition to posting one tackle. He returned the interception 10 yards for a touchdown.
- Notched a season-high 7 tackles twice, at San Diego (11/30) and vs. Tampa Bay (12/14).
2007: Led Falcons rookies with 55 tackles and contributed with 9 pass defenses and a forced fumble.
- Made first career NFL start at cornerback vs. Houston (9/30) and posted a tackle.
- Started at right cornerback and tallied 5 tackles and his first career pass defense at New Orleans (10/21).
- Established a career-high in tackles (8) and pass defenses (two) at Carolina (11/11).
- Recorded 2 tackles, a pass defense and his first career forced fumble vs. Tampa Bay (11/18).
- Posted a team-high 8 tackles vs. Seattle (12/31).
COLLEGE: A Pro Football Weekly All-America honorable mention and All-Southeastern Conference second team selection by the league's coaches and Associated Press in 2006 at Arkansas.
- Houston gained 129 yards on 2 interceptions against Mississippi State, which set a school game-record, topping the old mark of 99 yards by Orlando Watters vs. Louisiana State in 1993.
- Returned an interception 87 yards for a touchdown in the same game against MSU, which was the ninth-longest return in school history and the longest since Jermaine Petty returned an interception 88 yards vs. Auburn in 2001.
- Blocked a punt that he recovered for a touchdown in 2004.
PERSONAL: Attended Lyndon B. Johnson (Austin, Texas) High School, competing as a running back and cornerback.
- As a senior, Houston rushed for 426 yards and six touchdowns before moving exclusively to cornerback.
- Member of the 2004–05 Lon Farrell Academic Honor Roll.
HOUSTON'S SINGLE-GAME BESTS:
- Tackles: 8 (twice) Last vs. Sea 12/30/07
- Interceptions: 1 (9 times) Last vs SD 12/24/11
- Interception Return Yards: 100t at Den 10/30/11
- Interception Return Touchdowns: 1 (3 times) at Den 10/30/11
- Long Interception: 100t at Den 10/30/11
- Pass Defenses: 4 (twice) Last at NYG 11/22/09
- Fumbles Forced: 1 (twice) Last at Chi 9/12/10
- Fumble Recoveries: 1 (twice) Last at Min 12/21/08
- Fumble Return Yards: 4 at Min 12/21/08
- Special Teams Tackles: 2 at Min 9/9/07