2011: Back-up linebacker and significant contributor on special teams.
- At Dallas (10/2) made a key defensive stop in the first quarter on Cowboys’ RB Felix Jones on fourth-and-1 to give the ball to Detroit at their own 1-yard line. Also had 1 special teams tackle.
2010: Served as back-up outside linebacker and on special teams. Filled in as starter at outside linebacker in four games. Garnered 42 tackles (33 solo), 1 sack, 1 pass defense, 3 forced fumbles and 10 special teams tackles.
- Saw time on special teams in season opener at Chicago (9/12).
- Saw time on special teams and on defense against Philadelphia (9/19). Finished with 2 tackles (1 solo) and a special teams stop.
- Tied a career-best 6 solo tackles at Minnesota (9/26).
- Recorded one tackle for loss, two special teams tackles and forced a fumble on a fourth quarter kickoff return at Green Bay (10/3).
- Registered team-high 3 special teams tackles vs. St. Louis (10/10).
- Started at middle linebacker and recorded a career high, and led team in tackles with 13 (9 solo) at the New York Giants (10/17).
- Started at outside linebacker and recorded 4 tackles (4 solo) against Washington (10/31).
- Recorded 3 tackles (3 solo) and a special team tackle against the New York Jets (11/7).
- Tallied 3 tackles (2 solo) and one forced fumble at Buffalo (11/14).
- Recorded 4 tackles (4 solo) as starter at Dallas (11/21).
- Forced a fumble on special teams after opening drive of game that led to Dave Rayner field goal at Miami (12/26). Added two special teams tackles.
- Recorded lone sack of season, along with five tackles (4 solo) against Minnesota (1/2). Added one pass defense and a special teams tackle.
2009: Played in 14 games and made two starts at weakside linebacker.
- Finished the season with 11 tackles (8 solo) including a tackle for a loss.
- Ranked second on the team with 13 special teams tackles.
- In first NFL action, played on special teams and recorded one special teams tackle vs. Tampa Bay (9/20).
- Made first professional career start where he recorded 3 tackles (2 solo) and a tackle for a loss vs. Cleveland (10/11).
- In second career start, Palmer registered a season and new career-high 6 tackles (all solo) and one pass defensed.
- Made a career-high 3 special teams tackles at Kansas City (12/13).
- Inactive vs. Indianapolis with an injury.
COLLEGE: Spent two seasons at Mississippi and started 22 of 24 games with the Rebels.
- Transferred from Compton (Calif.) Community College where he earned first-team All-America honors from the Junior College Athletic Bureau in 2005.
- Led the Rebels with 89 total tackles, 3 interceptions, 7 pass defenses and 2 fumble recoveries as a junior.
- Helped the Rebel defense rank No. 2 in SEC and No. 4 in the nation in rush defense (85.5 ypg).
- Participated in the 2009 Under Armour Senior Bowl and notched 3 total tackles.
PERSONAL: Attended Lynwood (Calif.) High School, where he helped lead his team to a 10-1-1 record and a CIF playoff berth in 2003, completing 72-128 passes for 1,103 yards and 10 touchdowns.
- Earned first team all-league honors during senior year of high school.
- Son of Jewel Griffin.
PALMER'S SINGLE-GAME BESTS:
- Tackles: 13 at NYG 10/17/10
- Sacks: 1.0 vs. MIN 1/2/11
- Pass Defenses: 1 (twice) Last vs. MIN 1/2/11
- Forced Fumbles: 1 (three times) Last at Mia 12/26/10
- Special Teams Tackles: 3 (twice) Last vs. STL 10/10/10