The Detroit Lions practice facility remains quiet with players and coaches gone for the break leading up to training camp.
Detroitlions.com is using the down time for player features and video.
This week on detroitlions.com:
- Riley Reiff has added an extra 10 pounds in anticipation for playing left tackle. The extra weight should help him anchor vs. the bull rush and hold up against some of the more physical defensive ends in the league.
- With a goal to be a dual-threat NFL tight end, rookie
Michael Williamsmade it one of his primary goals this offseason to refine his skill set as a pass catcher.
- With his starting position and role within the defense established, CB
Chris Houstonis now looking forward to seeing how the competition for the starting right cornerback spot works itself out in training camp.
- Tim Twentyman looks at five players on the Lions' roster who need to have standout performances this season: WR
Nate Burleson, S Louis Delmas, RB Mikel Leshoure, TE Brandon Pettigrewand DE Willie Young. Joique Bell, Nick Fairleyand Glover Quinare highlighted as three players who have held youth football camps this summer.
- Tim and Mike discuss who their top 10 would be on the NFL Network's Top 100, and whether
Calvin Johnsonwould trade his top 10 status for team success.
Matthew Staffordis entering his fifth year with the Lions and center Dominic Raiolasays it's pretty evident this is his now his offense and his team.
- Tim Twentyman answers 10 questions submitted by Lions' fans, including who could be a surprise starter Week 1 and where the front office benefits most with the addition of Brian Xanders.
- In light of Calvin Johnson's No. 3 rank on the NFL Network's Top 100, Mike O'Hara says the value of the star wide receiver spans beyond stats, polls and player rankings.
- Mike O'Hara takes a look at players poised for a breakout performance in 2013.
- NFC North: Tim Twentyman breaks down the NFL Top 100 list of 2013.