The Detroit Lions have selected DT Nick Fairley out of Auburn with the 13th overall selection in the 2011 NFL Draft.
- Fairley started 16-of-27 games for Auburn, recording 88 tackles (50 solos) with 13.0 sacks for minus 89 and 27.5 stops for losses totaling 126 yards.
- Delivered a total of 32 tackles-for-loss (solos/assists), as he posted 28 quarterback pressures.
- Forced two fumbles and recovered three others.
- Intercepted one pass and added a blocked kick.
- Fairley set a school record with 11.5 sacks in 2010, topping the previous mark of 11 reached by Gary Walker (1994), Kevin Greene (1984) and Craig Olgetree (1989).