Allen Park, Mich. -- The Detroit Lions will host "Kids Day at Lions Camp" during their training camp practice Saturday, August 6 that will begin at 9:15 a.m. Saturday's practice is open to the general public. Gates will open at 8 a.m. and access is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
In addition to watching the 2011 Detroit Lions prepare for the upcoming season at the team's training facility in Allen Park, there will be additional festivities geared for young Lions fans.
Among the activities and events tentatively scheduled are:
- Appearance by Roary, the team's mascot
- Facepainters for the kids
- Lions Interactive Inflatables: the popular Giant Lions Head, Quarterback Challenge and Lions Helmet House
- Team's autograph tent will be designated for Kids Only (14 years of age and under)
- Free Lions mini footballs for the first 300 kids in attendance and other Lions giveaways.
- Special autographed raffle items for Detroit Lions Kids Club members or for new members who sign up on Saturday. Winners will be drawn and notified Monday, August 8.
Fans are encouraged to visit Detroitlions.com for daily practice information, including weather updates, practice times and any changes to the team's training camp schedule. Practice sessions at Allen Park are open for outdoor practices only and are subject to change. In the case of inclement weather, practices will be moved indoors and therefore closed to the public. Rain Dates are available as necessary and will be announced for selected sessions that close due to inclement weather. Information on practice access will also be available through the team's Training Camp Hotline (313.262.2882).
Parking, Entry and Fan Viewing Areas
- Parking is available in designated lots on Republic Drive near the Lions Headquarters and Training Facility.
- Re-entry is not permitted and children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Personal belongings are subject to inspection upon entry and items not permitted into open practices include: professional cameras (lenses over five inches long and/or 50mm or above), any video camera, food, beverage, coolers, lawn chairs, blankets, umbrellas, backpacks or large bags.
- All cell phones should be turned off or placed on silent or vibrating mode. The fan viewing area features: bleacher seating areas, additional standing areas and a shaded tent area. Concessions are also available.
Lions Pro Shop
The Lions official team store, Lions Pro Shop, will be onsite for fans interested in purchasing Lions merchandise. Among the items include the official 2011 Detroit Lions Training Camp and Sideline apparel.
Autographs at Allen Park
Though autographs are not guaranteed, it is common for Lions' players to meet fans following practice sessions.