Allen Park, Mich. -- The Detroit Lions will hold a Draft Night Event at Ford Field Thursday, April 22 from 7-9:30 p.m. Fans will have the opportunity to watch the draft that begins at 7:30 p.m. on Ford Field’s large video boards and enjoy other great festivities scheduled for draft night. Admission to the Draft Night Event is FREE to the public, and no ticket is required.
The Lions currently have the second overall pick in the 2010 NFL Draft.
For the first time in the 75-year history of the NFL Draft, the first round will air live in prime time. Thursday’s portion of the NFL Draft includes the first round with teams selecting at 10-minute intervals. The second and third rounds take place on Friday, April 23, and the fourth through seventh rounds will occur on Saturday, April 24.
For fans attending Thursday’s event, the Lions will giveaway special prizes to lucky fans throughout the draft party. Those items include the following:
Louis DelmasAutographed Football
Calvin JohnsonAutographed Replica Helmet
Kyle Vanden BoschAutographed Football
Matthew StaffordAutographed Replica Jersey
Among the festivities tentatively scheduled, include:
- Fans will see live coverage of the NFL Draft aired both by ESPN and NFL Network on Ford Field’s large video boards and televisions throughout the stadium.
- Interactive Detroit Lions Youth Football Clinics.
- Lions Kids Club sign-up opportunities.
- The NFL Interactive Area will be available on the field and will feature the Quarterback Challenge, Obstacle Course and Field Goal Challenge.
- Tours of the Detroit Lions locker room will occur throughout the event.
- Photo opportunities with Lions mascot, Roary!
- Fans have the opportunity to visit the Official Detroit Lions Pro Shop and check out 2010 Detroit Lions gear.
Parking will be available in Lot 4 at the corner of Montcalm and Brush Street and the Ford Field Parking Deck located on St. Antoine for $6. Fans can enter the stadium via Gates A and G.