Allen Park, Mich. -- The Detroit Lions 2010 Training Camp, officially supported by Pepsi and Cottage Inn Pizza, will open to the public at their headquarters and training facility in Allen Park for a fourth-straight year.
The general public is invited to attend Lions training camp beginning Wednesday, August 4. Detroit Lions 2010 Training Camp will also feature a public practice at Ford Field, Lions Uncaged! presented by Pepsi, Dunham’s Sports and Cottage Inn Pizza, on Saturday August 7. Tickets are not required upon entry to the event. Fans are welcome beginning at 3 p.m.
“We are thrilled to welcome our fans back to training camp this year,” said Lions President Tom Lewand. “Our fans provide outstanding support throughout the year, and training camp is another excellent opportunity for them to come out and watch this team gear up for a new season. As excited as they are to see us, we share that same enthusiasm as they generate a great atmosphere throughout camp.”
After successfully opening training camp on a limited basis in 2007, the team has expanded open practice opportunities for the public the past three years. This year’s camp is set to match last year’s number of open practices as the most since the team began holding training camp at its headquarters and training facility in Allen Park.
Training camp practice viewing areas at the team’s headquarters and training facility in Allen Park can accommodate approximately 700 fans. Access is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
PRACTICE SCHEDULE FOR GENERAL PUBLIC ACCESS
- Wednesday, August 4 (9 a.m. and 3:15 p.m.)
- Thursday, August 5 (9 a.m.)
- Friday, August 6 (9 a.m. and 3:15 p.m.)
- Saturday, August 7 (Lions Uncaged! presented by Pepsi, Dunham’s Sports and Cottage Inn Pizza; Ford Field; 3 p.m.)
- Sunday, August, 8 (9 a.m. and 3:15 p.m.)
- Monday, August 9 (9 a.m.)
- Tuesday, August 10 (9 a.m. and 3:15 p.m.)
- Wednesday August 11 (9 a.m.)
- Thursday, August 12 (9 a.m. and 3:15 p.m.)
- Monday, August 16 (3:15 p.m.)
- Tuesday, August 17 (9 a.m. and 3:15 p.m.)
- Wednesday, August 18 (9 a.m.)
- Thursday, August 19 (9 a.m. and 3:15 p.m.)
Gates open 30 minutes prior to each practice session.
DAILY PRACTICE INFORMATION
Tracking daily practice updates
Fans are encouraged to visit Detroitlions.com (http://www.detroitlions.com) for daily practice information, including weather updates, practice times and any changes to the team’s training camp schedule. Practice sessions at Allen Park are open for outdoor practices only and are subject to change. In the case of inclement weather, practices will be moved indoors and therefore closed to the public. Rain Dates are available as necessary and will be announced for selected sessions that close due to inclement weather. Information on practice access will also be available through the team’s Training Camp Hotline (313.262.2882).
Parking, Entry and Fan Viewing Areas
Morning sessions will typically start at 9 a.m. and afternoon sessions at 3:15 p.m. Parking is available in designated lots on Republic Drive near the Lions Headquarters and Training Facility.
Re-entry is not permitted and children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Personal belongings are subject to inspection upon entry and items not permitted into open practices include: professional cameras (lenses over five inches long and/or 50mm or above), any video camera, food, beverage, coolers, lawn chairs, blankets, umbrellas, backpacks or large bags.
All cell phones should be turned off or placed on silent or vibrating mode. The fan viewing area features: bleacher seating areas, additional standing areas and a shaded tent area. Concessions are also available.
Lions Pro Shop
The Lions official team store, Lions Pro Shop, will be onsite for fans interested in purchasing Lions merchandise. Among the items include the official 2010 Detroit Lions Training Camp and Sideline apparel.
Autographs at Allen Park
Though autographs are not guaranteed, it was common in previous years for Lions’ players and coaches to meet fans following practice sessions.
LIONS UNCAGED! PRESENTED BY PEPSI, DUNHAM’S SPORTS AND COTTAGE INN PIZZA
Open practice and autograph session at Ford Field
The Detroit Lions will hold Lions Uncaged! presented by Pepsi, Dunham’s Sports and Cottage Inn Pizza on Saturday, August 7 at Ford Field. The event will feature an autograph session and public practice. No tickets are required for entry.
Schedule of Events
- Ford Field gates open (3 p.m.)
- Autograph Session (3-3:45 p.m.)
- Practice (4 p.m.)
- Fans will have the chance to get up close and personal with their favorite players during the full-team autograph session from 3-3:45 p.m.
- To accommodate as many fans as possible, there will be a one autograph from each player limit and autographs will not be personalized. Additionally, some autograph stations may be closed prior to the end of the autograph session due to high demand and time constraints.
- Fans will be permitted to take pictures, but photos with players will not be allowed. Autographs will be on a first-come basis and are not guaranteed. Players will be at various locations throughout the stadium.
- For safety during the event, fans should be aware that certain items are not permitted at Ford Field. Those items not permitted into Ford Field are in accordance with NFL Best Practices and are strictly enforced during Detroit Lions home football games and stadium events. Guests should return these items to their vehicles or place them in the trash receptacles, prior to gate entry. Prohibited items may also be confiscated by Ford Field staff. Ford Field is not responsible for any items left at the gates or in the trash receptacles. Under no circumstances will the items be checked at the gates.
- Ford Field reserves the right to expand or modify the items prohibited at any time. Ford Field Operations will determine if specific items typically not permitted for stadium events are suitable for the autograph session.
- Prohibited and Restricted Items: Aerosol cans (hair spray, mace, pepper spray, etc.); Animals (except service animals to aid guests with disabilities); Backpacks, luggage, grocery & paper bags, duffle bags, large bags, large purses or large camera cases; Balloons (air or helium); Balls (beach balls, footballs, baseballs, etc.); Banners; Cameras with lenses longer than five inches; Coolers of any kind, including small soft pack coolers; Decals, stickers, confetti or glitter; Electronic equipment including laptop computers, video recorders, video cameras and tripods; Fireworks; Food, beverages or liquids (cans, bottles or boxes); Illegal substances; Laser pointers; Markers (permanent) and/or paint; Noisemaking devices (bells, horns, kazoos, whistles, etc.); Objects that can be used as missiles or projectiles (sticks, bats, clubs, frisbees, etc.); Strollers and infant/car seats or carriers; Umbrellas.
- No weapons are allowed in the Stadium. Possession of a firearm or any other weapon is strictly forbidden. Possession of such a weapon will result in immediate confiscation, ejection and possible arrest.
- The following items will be permitted after inspection: Binoculars; Cameras (must comply with the camera lens limit); Diaper bags (only if accompanied by a child); Small bags, purses, fanny packs, camera & binocular cases must comply with the maximum size for entry, 8 1/2” x 14” x 10”; Small radios (must be used with an earpiece); Signs & Clothing must comply with standards of taste and decency - no profane or offensive messages. Signs must not block another guest’s view.
LIONS 2010 TRAINING CAMP ACCESS FOR LIONS ACCOUNT HOLDERS
As in the past, the Lions have reserved dates for season ticket holders (Saturday, July 31-Monday, August 2) and suite holders and sponsors (Tuesday, August 3). Account holders must pre-register for designated practice sessions. Invitations that include registration instructions and training camp schedule information are being distributed Monday, July 19 to account holders.