Detroit Lions / Kevin VanDam Charity
Tournament Rules & Eligibility
- All Local, State & Federal laws shall apply at all times.
- All Local, State, Coast Guard, and Federal boating regulations shall apply at all times.
- The Detroit Lions / Kevin VanDam Charity Tournament cooperates with local law enforcement, park rangers and fish/wildlife officers. If any angler is found to be in violation of local, state or federal law during tournament hours, they will immediately be disqualified.
- During tournament hours no alcoholic beverages are to be consumed by a tournament contestant or allowed in contestant's boat until the tournament is over.
- All boats must be equipped with some type of emergency ignition cut-off device (kill switch) on any remote steered outboard. Ignition cut-off device (kill switch) must operate properly, which means when the kill switch is activated the outboard main engine must stop running immediately. The ignition cut-off device (kill switch) must be attached to boat operator at all times while the outboard main engine is in use.
- U.S. Coast Guard approved life jackets are required for each person on board. Life jackets must be worn and fastened while main engine is in use.
PERMITTED FISHING AREAS AND HOURS:
- Fish must be caught on the tournament lake during official tournament hours.
- Contestants are limited to use of a primary and approved boat only. No canoes, rafts, or flotation apparatuses.
TACKLE AND EQUIPMENT:
- All bass must be caught on artificial bait by casting only. Trolling as a method of fishing is prohibited. Only one rod may be used at any one time by contestant. Other rods may be in the boat for substitute purposes.
- All bass must be caught from a legal motorized boat.
WEIGH-IN - SPORTSMANSHIP AND CONSERVATION:
- Sportsmanship, courtesy, safety and bass conservation are required from every participant.
- All bass weighed in will become the property of the tournament and will be released back into the lake alive if possible.
- Each team can weigh-in no more than five legal Bass. Only largemouth and smallmouth bass will be weighed in.
- All contestants, by entering this tournament, hereby agree to allow their boats to be boarded and inspected by tournament officials at any time during the tournament, to include, but not limited to, their boat registration, Coast Guard horsepower rating plate, live well, rod boxes, closed storage compartments, tackle boxes, life jackets, PFDs and safety equipment.